Looking for a crypto-related holiday gift for your friends, family, or loved ones? Well, you are not the only one! One in 10 Americans is planning to gift a crypto-related item to a loved one, according to a BlockFi survey.
You may be having trouble figuring out what exactly to give a crypto-enthusiast or crypto-newbie, but don’t fret because we made a list of the best crypto gifts for this holiday season!
Best Crypto Gifts for This Holiday Season:
Listed below are some of the best cryptocurrency gifts you can gift this holiday season.
The most obvious gift to send your loved ones is an actual cryptocurrency.
First, figure out what cryptocurrency you want to give. There are thousands of different cryptocurrencies, with Bitcoin (BTC) and Ethereum (ETH) being the most well-known.
Next, decide how you want to gift the cryptocurrency. You may use a crypto exchange such as Coinbase, Binance, or Gemini. You may also send it through the digital payment app, Cash App.
Finally, see the joyful look on your loved one’s faces when they receive their very own cryptocurrency!
2. Crypto Books:
Whether your loved one is a crypto-beginner or a crypto-veteran, they can always learn more about the fascinating world of cryptocurrency. Here is a list of the best crypto books:
- The Bitcoin Standard by Dr. Saifedean Ammous
- The Age of Cryptocurrency by Paul Vigna and Michael J. Casey
- The Internet of Money by Andreas M. Antonopoulos
- Crypto Investing Guide: How to Invest in Bitcoin, DeFi, NFTs, and More by Ian Balina
Click here to read in detail about these books.
3. Crypto Hardware Wallets:
Hardware wallets are the safest way to store cryptocurrencies. They are cold storage devices that keep private keys offline. If you want your loved ones to store their crypto most securely, then hard wallets are the way to go.
The Nano Ledger wallets are the most popular and best overall in the industry. They offer the Ledger Nano X for $119.00 and the Ledger Nano S for $59.00. The main differences include Ledger Nano X’s compatibility with iOS and Android, Bluetooth feature, and included battery, while the Nano S is only compatible with Android, requires a set of three USB cables to connect to a smartphone or desktop, and does not have a battery.
If your loved one is passionate about digital art, video games, music, sports trading cards, or the metaverse, then NFTs will likely be right up their alley. NFTs are digital collectibles that live on the blockchain. They were the trend of 2021.
If you are not experienced in the crypto space, then we recommend against trying to gift an NFT as they are complicated, but here are some things to consider.
- There are thousands of NFT projects out there, so picking the best may be hard. We recommend either an Art, Sports, or Video Game project that your loved one would like to own. Other NFTs to consider are those that align with your loved one’s hobbies or avatars that match their personality that they can use as their profile picture.
- If the NFT is listed on the Ethereum blockchain, many times gas and transaction fees total hundreds of dollars.
- You must have a wallet to purchase an NFT. However, there are many NFT marketplaces including OpenSea, Rarible, Nifty Gateway, and Solanart where you can select the NFT of your choice, once you and your loved one have a crypto wallet.
5. Crypto Research Tools:
If your loved one is a hardcore crypto trader or huge into finding undervalued tokens, we recommend purchasing subscriptions to one or all of these research tools:
- TradingView Pro – $126/year – Charting platform w/ in-depth technical analysis tools
- Glassnode Advanced – $348/year – On-chain market indicators and futures data
- Nansen Standard – $1,400/year – Real-time on-chain data dashboards and surface Alpha signals
- Messari Pro – $300/year – Daily crypto news, advanced screen, charting and watchlist features, curated sets of charts and metrics
- Token Metrics Basic – $199/year – Crypto ratings, portfolio tracking, crypto market insights, and exclusive Telegram access
Note: These prices may have changed. This was at the time of writing this article.
At the end of the day, your loved ones will be happy with whatever you purchase, we just hope it is not a “Such Christmas Doge” ugly sweater.